Re: LF: Story with a hardworking protagonist (that does not have to be OP)

Title continuation: that forms meaningful relationships throughout the course of the story (as in no forced/'random meetings' harem)

... Just wondering, but are there any stories like this on RRL that are more on the lighthearted side of things? I've read one or two that are "holy fuck this is dark" on the grimdark scale, but none so far that are slice-of-life-y.

Personally, I think OP and hardworking cancel each other out usually, as an OP-character that can't solve problems with being OP has no reason to OP in the first place, if you know what I mean.

I have a story with a hardworking protagonist (he's strong enough, mind you, but not OP). There is a forced harem though, literally, as there is a marriage curse going on, which seems to enjoy to marry the protagonist off with about each girl he meets. The characters are flawed in many ways, but do interact and form relationships, though not romantic ones so far... at least not those that work both ways. ^^'

Tone is also neither dark nor blinding bright, it's a bit like an adventure-trip: Perils are threatening, wonders are enchanting, living in a fantasy world usually sucks.

The stoy is "I hate being wed in a fantasy world!"

kentusrpg Wrote: Personally, I think OP and hardworking cancel each other out usually, as an OP-character that can't solve problems with being OP has no reason to OP in the first place, if you know what I mean.

I have a story with a hardworking protagonist (he's strong enough, mind you, but not OP). There is a forced harem though, literally, as there is a marriage curse going on, which seems to enjoy to marry the protagonist off with about each girl he meets. The characters are flawed in many ways, but do interact and form relationships, though not romantic ones so far... at least not those that work both ways. ^^'

Tone is also neither dark nor blinding bright, it's a bit like an adventure-trip: Perils are threatening, wonders are enchanting, living in a fantasy world usually sucks.

The stoy is "I hate being wed in a fantasy world!"
It's actually your story that caused me to make this post, lol. (Great job writing this much, btw. I remember when it was still in the middle of book 2 and I was wondering how long it would run.)

Magical Kiro-chan Wrote: It's actually your story that caused me to make this post, lol. (Great job writing this much, btw. I remember when it was still in the middle of book 2 and I was wondering how long it would run.)

Then I hope that my story caused you to make this post in a good way. ;)

I'm also astonished how long I'm doing it, considering that every other attempt to write a story before ended within 10k words. :O