Re: Kingdom building theme novels.

Ryan Wrote: Hey dont reccomend your novel if youre just going to abandon it. Every one of you assholes that recc'd your own novel abandoned them, so fuck all of you.

Hey thats rude.

Being a writer is hard for alot of people because they have to try to guide the story in a way for alot of people to like it.
It puts alot of stress on the authors, and most authors crack under the pressure.
So stop being entitled and make your own story if you are sooooooo annoyed with these authors for abandoning their stories.
It could also be they moved to another site or published a book about the story and took it off of here.

John Wrote:
Ryan Wrote: Hey dont reccomend your novel if youre just going to abandon it. Every one of you assholes that recc'd your own novel abandoned them, so fuck all of you.

Hey thats rude.

Being a writer is hard for alot of people because they have to try to guide the story in a way for alot of people to like it.
It puts alot of stress on the authors, and most authors crack under the pressure.
So stop being entitled and make your own story if you are sooooooo annoyed with these authors for abandoning their stories.
It could also be they moved to another site or published a book about the story and took it off of here.

It's also understandable though.
We're kind of making promises when we share a story. Implicitly stories are supposed to finish and sharing a story is telling the readers that it will end, that there's a resolution of the events.
People get mad when you break that.

I mean writing is a royal pain in the ass a lot of the time and people go into it and have to drop it for many reasons. If we can back out when it's too much though we should also be able to understand that readers will be disappointed and mad and they have as much right to be upset as we do to place things above them in our priorities.
It's a little venting. (Harassment would be totally different).

Ult Wrote:
John Wrote:

Hey thats rude.

It's also understandable though.
We're kind of making promises when we share a story. Implicitly stories are supposed to finish and sharing a story is telling the readers that it will end, that there's a resolution of the events.
People get mad when you break that.

I mean writing is a royal pain in the ass a lot of the time and people go into it and have to drop it for many reasons. If we can back out when it's too much though we should also be able to understand that readers will be disappointed and mad and they have as much right to be upset as we do to place things above them in our priorities.
It's a little venting. (Harassment would be totally different).

Perks of being a writer I guess 

The Girl Who Ate a Death God and The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring are both dark fantasy military sagas that put a heavy emphasis on large scale war and army/kingdom building in a dark low fantasy setting. 

Don't let the silly sounding titles mislead you. The writing is quite realistic and gritty. The stories are told from the perspective of rising military leaders during a time of great unrest with a very heavy emphasis on kingdom building, revolution, large scale battles and intricate military campaigns that span a continent and reshape both the world and the course of history. 

The only check mark they miss on is the primary leads don't happen to be male although from a story telling standpoint it really doesn't change much of anything. This is a gritty military epic not some sort of touchy feely romance story. It should be noted they can't be found here on Royal Road.

On a lighter note there is Vainqueuer the Dragon. It takes a while to develop, but eventually Vainqueuer becomes a full fledged Kingdom Building story complete with a large armies clashing over the fate of the world. This is a more light hearted and less realistic story which includes stuff such as a game like leveling up system and a tongue in cheek high fantasy setting. This story can be found on RR. It's a fun a read.

Kirby Wrote: The Girl Who Ate a Death God and The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring are both dark fantasy military sagas that put a heavy emphasis on large scale war and army/kingdom building in a dark low fantasy setting. 

Don't let the silly sounding titles mislead you. The writing is quite realistic and gritty. The stories are told from the perspective of rising military leaders during a time of great unrest with a very heavy emphasis on kingdom building, revolution, large scale battles and intricate military campaigns that span a continent and reshape both the world and the course of history. 

The only check mark they miss on is the primary leads don't happen to be male although from a story telling standpoint it really doesn't change much of anything. This is a gritty military epic not some sort of touchy feely romance story. It should be noted they can't be found here on Royal Road.

On a lighter note there is Vainqueuer the Dragon. It takes a while to develop, but eventually Vainqueuer becomes a full fledged Kingdom Building story complete with a large armies clashing over the fate of the world. This is a more light hearted and less realistic story which includes stuff such as a game like leveling up system and a tongue in cheek high fantasy setting. This story can be found on RR. It's a fun a read.

Thanks! The reason why I don't read female perspective is that I cant empathize with them. I guess I have to start reading to border my horizons.