Ambition - The Conquest of Minamoto Yama

Ambition

Hello all, I am Kazushi Tetsuo.
Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread and checking out my novel. 
Ambition is a tale about the Great Minamoto Yama and his journey of conquest over the continent!

Synopsis:

"Will there ever be a world of peace?"

This question rings across the continent for generations, until it is heard by one.

This tale follows, the one who will usher the world into an era of prosperity and peace. 
The only one who is capable.

The ambitious, the illustrious.

Minamoto Yama! 

Table of Contents:

Prologue: Root
Episode 1: The Beginning 
Episode 2: Minamoto Yama

Episode 3: New Beginnings

Episode 4: The Land of Rock

Episode 5: Wandering Two

LINK:  [Ambition]

[genres: action, adventure, tragedy, drama, seinen]

[warning: contains: violence, nudity, profanity, gore, sexually explicit]
[I'd love positive critique, it's a WIP & I hope this will push me to keep writing!]
[share it!]    
[It's not professionally edited]

Prologue: Root

In the beginning, there were three-Amenomio No Kami. Takamimio No Kami. & Umashimio No Kami.

Clad in white, they all play blissfully, around and within the void.

Clasping each other's hands, they begin spinning around laughing joyfully.

However, even in this perfect world, mistakes can happen... and in this sublime instance, Umashimio slips.

Taking everyone down with him. An abrupt, incorrigible, rage engulfs Takamimio.

Triggering him to kill Umashimio.

Amenomio is in shock.

Umashimio is befallen and distraught.

Takamimio stares with an unoccupied glare and laughs. Umashimio looks to Amenomio & smiles.

Soon, Umashimio dematerializes.

Leaving behind his energy, ("chi" ?) bound to this newly created realm materializing from his mind, body, and spirit.

Dumbfounded and displeased Amenomio strikes Takamimio in the chest, yanking out his soul and fleeing instantly.

Takamimio decides not to chase her, but instead, the wrathful God chooses to explore this freshly forged world. With creation came time, and a year passes.

Amenomio still hasn't forgotten what Takamimio has done.

She cannot live without Umashimio and she cannot allow Takamimio to live.

Amenomio promptly faces Takamimio.

She looks towards him, seeing him enveloped by hate, fear, and desire. Assured of his evil, Amenomio quickly tears off Takamimio's limbs; and flings them across the globe. Takamimio returns the favor by kicking off her legs posthaste sending them flying in the opposite direction.

Yelling in agony, Amenomio pins Takamimio down with her arms, while Takamimio grabs her with his legs.

During the year that passed. Amenomio, overtaken with the death of Umashimio, decided to create beings in his likeness; so that he may live on in some way.

Immediately, Amenomio strikes Takamimio with an unyielding chomp on the neck.

Takamimio begins to cry out in pain, wailing and flopping around like a child.

With a sliver of regret and a heavy heart... Amenomio tears off Takamimio's head.

It's silent...

Amenomio has completed her retribution to Umashimio, but now she has found herself even more distraught than before.

She is confronted with the starking realization that she is the only being in existence.

After sitting idle, Amenomio quickly regains sight of her mission and begins shoveling deep into the underground of the new world with her hands.

Holding Takamimio's head and body, Amenomio ultimately makes it as far as she can go.

She buries Takamimio's body and claws her way back up to the surface.

Reaching the ground, Amenomio readies herself to pull her soul out of her chest, and as this happens the ethereal form of Umashimio becomes present.

Umashimio informs Amenomio that the flesh of both her and Takamimio that flew across the globe have sprung life.

From the legs of Amenomio, beings of love, justice, and happiness were born aptly named, Goddesses.

From the blood that spewed across the skies from the limbs. Beings of presence, bewitching apparitions aptly named, Spirits; filled the skies and the realm of the world.

And finally, from the arms of Takamimio came Beasts, various creatures, beings to inhabit the world.

Umashimio vanishes forthwith carrying a smile.

Amenomio is filled with a whim of glee. Nevertheless, despite no longer being alone in the world, her mission remains.

As Amenomio digs into her chest and grabs hold of her soul, she is met by the Goddesses, and the Beasts, as the Spirits watched.

They all gather gawking in awe and in silence as she holds both the souls of Takamimio and herself.

The atmosphere begins to pulsate as the souls' merge.

Amenomio then places them inside herself, and without a second thought, she strikes herself in the head. Her hand molded like a spear.

In order to beget life, life must first relent.

Beings harboring the wisdom of Amenomio, the hate and desire of Takamimio; and the Spirit of Umashimio; aptly named, Humans were born.

Amenomio lays beside the head of Takamimio as her death sires a new chapter in Genesis.

The body of Amenomio takes a millennium to decompose and become the beings she desired. Throughout those 1000 annum, the Goddesses have retreated themselves into their realm of Heaven.

The Beasts have ruled over the lands. And the Spirits have aimlessly lived mysterious existence.

While the corpse of Takamimio gave birth to beings previously unseen.

Climbing for hundreds of years, to a higher level of the Underworld. The beings who named themselves emerge.

Demons.

Demons begin to rapidly inhabit the Underworld, and steadily creep into the overworld.

During the commencement of Humans, a vibration is felt throughout the realms calling every being to witness the onset of Human existence.

From the body of Amenomio, 6 Humans were born.

Unaware of themselves they were left at the hands of the beings present.

The Goddesses decided to divvy up the Humans, giving every group a Human to do with what they pleased; whether to eat or to raise.

4 Humans were taken, one each, by the: Spirits, Goddesses, Beasts, and Demons.

Leaving 2 Humans to fend for themselves.

Ones who give rise to the beings embodied by the three original existences; Amenomio, Takamimio, and Umashimio.

Shinobi.

The remainder of the Episodes can be found on the link in the description! 

Also here: Ambition

RE: Ambition - The Conquest of Minamoto Yama

4/6/2018 11:17:43 PMErza Wrote: [ -> ]I think I just found the greatest story ever told lol. Seriously though, this is so good. The prologue really got me hooked for what's coming next! I really like the creation theory too it's pretty unique, I love how it's told like a tale. I'm going to catch up right now!

Thank you so much for your kind words! : )
I will be uploading Episode 4 this weekend!
Stay tuned!!

Just checked it out, I don't know what the fuss is about. The story is odd, it is a bit like reading Shinto holy texts. Lots of names and creatures being born in strange ways. The writer should work on his dialogue, it is hard to tell who is saying what, and it doesn't feel like real people are talking (but that may be the intention). The pacing is really fast, at least a couple of years have passed in the first chapters. Grammar is good. It wasn't for me, but I bet there will be some xianxia people who like this story.

4/15/2018 9:06:51 AMverus Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked it out, I don't know what the fuss is about. The story is odd, it is a bit like reading Shinto holy texts. Lots of names and creatures being born in strange ways. The writer should work on his dialogue, it is hard to tell who is saying what, and it doesn't feel like real people are talking (but that may be the intention). The pacing is really fast, at least a couple of years have passed in the first chapters. Grammar is good. It wasn't for me, but I bet there will be some xianxia people who like this story.

Appreciate the kind words! As mentioned it is a WIP and I will be working on the Prologue a little more(and that was sort-of my intention.) As for the pacing, the story focuses on Yama with Muko being sort of like a secondary-main. I didn't do any time-skips for Yama, everything before is supposed to lead to him which is why time passed that way.

Hope that helps and thanks for reading!