When Caden dies in a car crash he is put in a dungeon core in another world. The problem with that? He still has a conscience, but the original dungeon core is still there in his mind, and it doesn't...
Of course, other people add their own issues:
Two human nations gain access to the dungeon and are not particularly pleased to share.
A sentient plant race claims the dungeon as sacred ground.
And, amidst the chaos, teams of adventurers just want to make a living.
The world of Verre is a strange and wonderful place filled with strange, bewitching landscapes, hidden planes and daunting dangers. In the midst of this wonder and beauty is a harmonic anarchy. Earth and heaven lie opposed and mankind wars with itself as well as the fearsome beasts they live alongside. It is the right setting for myths and legends. Empires and kingdoms, heroes and villains, all rise and fall. Men, women and daemons compete on this stage seeking godhood, making names for themselves and establishing legacies of their own.
Born into one of these legacies is Valerian Steelborn of the House of Cragsveil. Blessed with keen acumen and remarkable abilities he steps into a world he expects a lot out of and it, him. How far would he go and what legacy would he leave behind?
Additional Tags: Qihuan / Xuanhuan, Magic, Politics, Cultivation, Team Battles, Multiple Realms
Schedule: The update schedule is twice a week; Tuesdays and Saturdays at 10pm-midnight GMT. So twice during weekends and again on weekdays.
Dorn, a 3,000 year old silver Space dragon, has only wanted two things in his life: revenge, and the time necessary to get that revenge.
Kiera is a migrant farm worker, running from a troubled past, and doesn't expect the rest of her life to go anywhere. She's already given up hope of ever going back to her homeland with her head held high, and getting justice against those who drove her away.
Dorn builds a dungeon in the hopes of amassing a trained human army for his vengeance, and Kiera takes the chance to help, hoping for reciprocation. But the past is a murky thing; events are not always what they seem, and those who should be allies are frequently the greatest of enemies.
Image is not mine
A young druid boy was betrayed by humanity and, after losing all that he held close to his heart, discarded his humanity to reincarnate as a tree. Using the potent magic he'd learned within his grove of druids, he was able to skip through the cycle of samsara, a feat only possible due to his outstanding talent in magic. Unforutately for him, however, the heavens do not like it when humans encroach on their territory.
After being smited, the young boy was once again reborn as a human and forced to walk the road he'd been assigned. Without knowing why, Feng Jiao was born with the determination to resist the heavens. This time, however, he was going to do it as a cultivator who strived for immortality and the atainment of godhood.
DISCLAIMERS (In order of trigger alert I guess.):
1. This story is more Slice of Life than most xiaxias, if you are looking for non-stop action and face slapping, wrong story for you.
2. In addition, MC is trap(ish) while young *maybe later as well. If that's going to make you puke in your mouth because you can't appreciate the fact that it's supposed to be funny, then don't stop reading.
That being said, I appreciate all readers including the ones who just complain on every chapter, love yall.
3. Many of the tags I clicked may not come into effect for some time, or ever, but are something I am considering heavily when it comes to adding to the story.
4. I usually have one to two grammatical errors per upload, minimum. It's not because of my lack of command over the english language, but because my editing program, microsoft word (I know, I know) is equally bad at detecting my grammatical blunders as I am. I patch them as I see them (comments are cool, enjoy the +rep) but sometimes I am a little slow.).
5. I wear many hats and do not always write frequently. I'm sure this will get regular updates during the new story high, but I do not know where it will go from there. This is my first time attempting to write xianxia and I am doing so to practice my writing craft and expand my skillset. Will attempt to update story twice a week (probably a double upload) as well as as I write on my patreon (1 dollar gets you everything ATM, not that I'm selling out [okay maybe i'm a little bit of a sellout, oops,])
James Cartwright was robbed of his life and left to rot in long-term care after a devastating stroke. Then, after 20 years as a forgotten man in bed 6 of the Royal Albert hospital, James is digitised by a mysterious company looking to capitalise on untapped digital resources in the online game Platinum Online.
Jim will work with the company's erratic AI 'System' to overcome the grief he feels at his own death and being forgotten by the people he knew. James has only one real option: Sell valuable materials in-game to pay for his continued existence while System finds a way to break him out and bring him back.
Will Jim find a way to escape the digital world and reunite with the daughter that abandoned him? Read The Forgotten Man to find out.
This GameLit/LitRPG novel is inspired by games such as Heroes of Might and Magic, Eador, and the RPG and economic systems of various MMORPGs. The story will take a few chapters to get into the action, but you can look forward to small group combat that increases in size to small army combat as the narrative progresses.
Please leave reviews and votes so that i know how good or bad i am doing and what i can change ---------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a story about a normal high schooler who was framed and sent to jail on fake charges. Becoming depressed he was further thrown into dispair when the culprit caused his family harm and took his sisters ability to walk. Finally reaching the end he experienced a mental breakdown and lost his speaking ability to everyone and only reacts to his family. Follow him as he remakes his life with his little sister in the world of Etheria as a form of rehabilitation. Will he talk again or never again. Will he trust others or will he lived a closed life. Only time will tell P.S. Mature tag is mostly for language and gore that might happen in the future. I WILL NOT MAKE EROTIC STUFF IN THIS ON LIKE DEMON AND ANGEL OR ROMANCE AT ALL
This is a reincarnation/isekai story, about Matt (later TreeTree), an overpowered tree in a fantasy world.
Time skips happen a lot.
Update: Join the Discord on https://discord.gg/ZvYpqB5 to discuss the story with other fans
The Remastered version of The Voyager.
A normal girl was given the task of traveling through different dimensions and completing missions assigned to her, only this girl wasn't that normal. Follow the emotionless Jean Turner as she navigates her way through all the hell and horror.
Updates will be frequent. Follow this story to get immediate notices on the updates.
All rights belong to their owners. Starcraft rights belong to blizzard. This fiction is completely intended for fun and not for profit. I only own my mc and other characters/organizations I create.
I would appreciate if readers can take the time to write a review for me. It helps me get better at writing, both in terms of style and plot. Thanks.
Don't forget to add the author's twitter, also KR043, to get the quickest notification on new events.
Marcus is a young man that had a very bad day at work.
First, he had a horrible customer during his shift. Then he got fired by his boss. And after that, he got shot to death during a robbery.
And to top it all of, he awakened with the body of a weak and strange creature in a fantasy world full of deadly monsters.
And that's just Monday!
Now Marcus will have to find a way to survive as a Vex Queen, but to do so his bravery and determination are not enough. He needs to build a hive that will protect him, as it won't be just monsters that he'll have to face...
The release schedule for this novel should be one chapter per week.
[This book is currently in the process of being rewritten. Old chapters will be gradually deleted. Whenever the rewrite is complete, I will post a link to the new page]
I used to be a healthy, young guy with a normal life - I had a career planned in professional soccer, a girlfriend, lots of hobbies, and loads of fun. Until the accident. Which changed my life.
A few years later I had adjusted to my new reality, adjusted to being in a wheelchair, adjusted to having someone take care of me 24/7. And then the world changed. Old people and kids did not make it. And neither was I supposed to make it. But never count me out. If anything, I am tenacious.
This new world was different. People had mana. And there were monsters. And technology did not work any longer.
And what about me? I had mana as well. Silver mana. Which no one else seemed to have. Problem was, I did not know what to do with it. Until I really needed to. And then it changed my life, for the better this time. I hoped.
Author's note: I am not a native speaker and this is my first story ever. So if you have helpful comments or notice phrases/wording that seem out of place, let me know.
This may be a story for those that:
-enjoy a slower build-up to cool and powerful abilities
-like to have some background/world/magic system information slowly incorporated into the story (a bit more initially, somewhat less later)
-enjoy a character that is introspective at times, perhaps has moral thoughts/considerations, occasionally does not act very heroically or uber-smart (just like a normal, albeit smart dude).
- there is some gore, but not extensive.
- don't need immediate magic solving all issues... the MC is decent/good with weapons and will heavily rely on that for the first 200-300 pages at least.
This is a fan fic set in the brilliantly crafted world of Chrysalis, which RinoZ has generously given permission for me to post.
Our hero is no transmigrated human, but a genuine monster, spawned from the rich mana veins running beneath a fungal expanse. Unlike other Claw Centipedes, this hatchling is special, gifted with sapience and cunning. Both of which are useful tools to hunt and kill and eat with. Maybe even more useful than claws and stinger. (Probably not). Please join them as they seek answers to life's big questions: Is that edible? If so, how do I kill it? And can I get my kin to do most of the work?
Cover image credit to MAF Plant Health and & Enviromental Laboratory under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
It was an average day in Miami—then fractures in the sky appeared. A pulse from those cracks altered the population; some people's biology changed while others received magical and supernatural powers. After the chaos, the political drama ensued, followed by the discovery of portals that brought deadly creatures. They called this event "The Oscillation" and it changed Rachel's life forever.
If you could turn back the clock and fix all the mistakes you ever made, would you?
For Micheal Care, a swordsman that could only be considered a middling warrior in Humanity's Last Army, the answer is simple.
Yes. A million times yes.
Humanity has fallen, killed by stronger races of beings after being warped away to a new reality, the mystical 7 Layers.
Humanity's goal had been simple. Make it through all 7 Layers and reach Heaven.
Micheal Care's memories have been transported back into his past self thanks to a magical Artifact he found by chance.
He is no chosen savior. He is no divinely picked hero.
Can he change the future? Can he catch up to the mightiest warriors of humanity and surpass them?
Read on and find out.
Specimen-767, a research experiment that would be weaponized once she reached maturity. Before that could happen, the Organization responsible for creating her suffered a major disaster and S-767 is placed in an alternate world. Whatever was planned for her before has been scraped away, leaving S-767 to find her own purpose in a new and dangerous world.
Dao Lord Brandr has cheated death many times over the millennia, enough to know that this time he should have died. There was just no surviving what had happened to him.
Fortunately or unfortunately, he did. Well... that depends on what you call surviving really. His body is gone and so is pretty much all of his mighty cultivation base. To add to this, he has suffered severe damage to his soul and as if that wasn't bad enough he's lost, far away from any world he knows and maybe even his universe.
Now, he's just learned from a being called a sprite that he's some sort of sentient mystic realm called a dungeon and that just for the crime of existing, there would be legions of enemies planning to pillage and destroy him.
It's okay though. Apparently, he can make legions of his own. Seeing what he has to work with, Brandr decides that perhaps, all is not lost after all...
The Red Lands
Starting alone from the bottom can be such a pain.
A story of being transferred to a new world.
If you are looking for a shocking OP character, this is not him.
If you are looking for a young master with abundant wealth this is certainly not it.
Maybe a poor slum child with a hidden past and bloodline. Poor yes, dirt poor. Full stop.
Incredible knowledge. Aside from some skills in business, nothing.
This is just a tale of an average individual trying to make the best of what he has.
An average human salary-man was transmigrated into the body of a boy from the slums. What made it worse was that it was a completely different world. Armed with only basic knowledge from his past life and nearly nothing from his present, he strives to survive.
Curiosity can become a deadly driving force for any human being. It all depends on who is wielding it.
Author Blog Link The Red Lands
Jack had always wanted to be a Shaper, to form pure life-force into obedient beasts and monsters and lead them into battle. Unfortunately, the only way to Shape life-force is through the use of Patterns, and the knowledge of how to make Patterns was lost when the old-world fell. These days, what Patterns remain in the world are closely guarded by their owners, who charge exorbitant amounts of gold from anyone who wants to use them.
It took Jack years of scavenging in the ruins of the old-world, evading deadly traps and ravenous monsters, to gather the gold needed to pay for access to a Pattern and Shape himself a pair of hunting Hounds, and take the first step into realizing his dream.
Cover art by Amarihel
Story will contain unusual/harem relationships!
A legendary sword is left behind as a legacy by his master, the Godking. Trapped for millennia, the sword's spirit awaits the day he'll be set free. Will his new master be worthy of inheriting the Godking's legacy?
Written by the author of The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons and Demon's Journey.
James hates his real life. He spends his days being bullied in school, and at home he simply reads and plays games. The only thing he has to look forward to is immersion. When he is immersed in the virtual world he can be whatever, whoever, he wants: He can escape the world that has thrown him away.
As such, when a new game, Dungeon Core Online, comes out, James is excited to play. He immerses himself as soon as he can, but when he is set to create his character he is instead offered a different choice. Now, James is the Dungeon Core and he suddenly finds himself wielding more power, with more options, than he's ever had before. The only downside... there are people in the real world who do anything, even kill, to gain the power of a Dungeon Core in the virtual world.
*Currently Updates Every Friday Starting August 16, 2019*
“By far, the greatest danger of Artificial Intelligence is that people conclude too early that they understand it.”
Hey all, we're moving over to book 2. This content is in a state of transition.
The book is now availble on Amazon (includes extra chapters):
Artificial intelligence was nearly mankind’s last invention. AI took off like a rocket, then when it racked up an impressive death toll, it crashed before it could blossom and took most high-tech industries with it. Resistance and fears became deep-set.
Two decades after the infamous Rev. 4.6 incidents, humanity hasn’t quit dreaming of the wealth and power that could be at their fingertips. A new generation of mega-corporations rose from the ashes. When one melds a quantum computer to a barely functional mental patient as a PR move, there are those who seek to profit, those who want to destroy it, and Alex.
Alex Sage is a typical college student trying to keep up his grades and maybe find a meaningful connection with the fairer sex. Then, an automated semi crashes into his home, killing his family and turning his head into a pin cushion in the process.
Alex awakens to find most of his memories gone and an illegal AI hidden in his brain implant. Now the pet project of a tech billionaire and heavily in debt, Alex struggles to stay valuable enough to be kept online. Still grappling with the repercussions of his injuries, and threats from a dangerous anti-augmentation political movement, there are no easy answers and threats loom around every corner. Alex must use whatever resources he can to escape from under the thumb of a ruthless corporation, while keeping those he comes to love safe.
- Chapters will stay up on RRL until Aug 10. It'll go up on Kindle Unlimited after that.
- How do you get those extra chapters I didn't have planned for RR? If you want them, they'll be in the published book. Book 2 will still make sense without them - I made sure of that.
- But... isn't $3 a lot for extra chapters? Think of it as tipping me for a good job and you'd also be getting my eternal thanks. If you enjoyed it so much that the idea of missing out a few chapters haunts you, I did my job as an author and made an engaging story.
- What's in those extra chapters? Resolving a few issues, set up for the cybernetic revolution, a rather intense sex scene with a new partner, revelations of who's really pulling strings, and a bit of set up for book 2.
- Complaints that people missed out on it when it was published here won't help (sorry!). I posted this for the folks who helped me shape the book, which is you all! (Again, yay!)
- But... Why! Why not keep it all on RR forever? My editor likes being paid for one. For two, I'd like the ability to get broader readership. If I break even on editor costs, I'll be incredibly happy.
What about book 2?
- Drafts for Book 2 will go up around Sept 10.
- My draft of Book 2 is done, and it will be handed to the editor once Book 1 is published. Feedback has been even more positive. Beta readers devoured it and wanted more.
- I'll add a link to Book 2 once it's up on RR. I'm more or less, using you all for Beta Readers, so you get it before it's "canon" and edited. I invite active and meaningful feedback during this process. In return, you get early access to chapters. That does mean that the book content or plot might be adjusted before it gets published as I refine it.
- Sex Y/N? Yes. I heard the feedback, 90% wanted it explicit. You all will get the "full" experience.
- Will I dump all of book 2 here? Honestly, I'm not sure yet. At a minimum, it'll be up to the 75% mark as we collect feedback, much like what I did with book 1. It really depends on how good the feedback is and how nice people are. Lots of support + meaningful feedback to make it better = higher likelihood you get all the book.
- Will be it up here indefinitely? No, it'll probably go up on KU at some point, but I'll make sure there's enough time for a large readership to grab it here. Then we move to book 3 which already is around 60K words already.
What about other adventures in the same universe/characters?
- Yep. Absolutely. Nothing ready to share yet though. I plan to keep those side chapters and more slice of life stories as RR exclusive. Since I'm carving this off in book-sized segments, I'll have to figure out where those disconnected story arcs belong. I'm open to suggestions.