Polymath Redux Annex
Disclaimer: Original story by HiDrangeA. With their permission, I am taking over the continuation of this story as the original author no longer wishes to continue. While I am not as experienced, I hope you all will continue to show as much interest in my attempt at the helm as you did for the original author. I have tried my best to emulate the original style as well as incorporating some of my own. Thank you for understanding.
"I'm no 'Hero', and if you had to classify me, I'd probably stand more on the 'Villain' spectrum of things..."
There was a game that I loved. I've played that one game like a madman for over ten years, and after all that arduous effort I had reached the empty 'top'.
I'm by no means special, all I did was invest a ridiculous amount of time and money into that game. Simply put, I bought my way up to the top with my money and time. If anyone was as crazy as me, they would've reached the top as well.
Reaching the top made me realize one thing... It made me understand that one cannot go any further. This was the end of my journey. I've beaten every boss, obtained every 'legendary' class item and cleared every content on every difficulty. There was nothing more that waited for me in this world.
Then something happened. Something that only happens in stories; 'transported to a fantasy world'. Good thing I had all of my avatar's abilities... only, that wasn't actually a good thing. The fundamental problem still persisted. So long as I had these powers, this curse of emptiness would likely never lift. The thing I had to do was change my 'perspective'.
I could live like an invincible tyrant... but no. instead of doing what I wanted and living like a petulant God, for now I decided to 'partake' in this world's history.
I'm an actor, a Planner, Manipulator and this world's Demigod. My hands alone move the fate of the world. So then, as the conductor I shall weave the symphony of this world.
"With the world as our stage, let us weave an exciting tale of heroes and villains. I shall play the part of the villain and fight against the world."
- Overall Score
- Style Score
- Story Score
- Grammar Score
- Character Score
- Total Views :
- Average Views :
- Followers :
- Favorites :
- Ratings :
- Pages :
Leave a review
Thank You Eisblume for continuing this story, Hope you find the Motivation and Heart to go all the way.
Good Luck !!
*Disclaimer* I already enjoyed the original, so I should note that I have a little bit of bias toward this one.
If you just wanted to know whether you should read this, then the answer is: "Sure, give it a go for a few chapters and you'll know right away if you like this sort of story."
What I like:
- I am personally already a fan of “OP-MC” type stories in fantasy worlds, so that scores some points with me (take that how you will).
- I found none of the characters to be particularly annoying but I’ll get into that later.
- The protagonist immediately explores the capacity of his abilities instead of whining and buggering off.
- Things actually happen in this story.
What I don’t Like:
- I don’t really understand what the motivations for the main characters are as they seem to do things without too much rhyme or reason (correct me please, if I’m wrong). It’s stated that they’re trying to gather information, but it doesn’t feel like the main characters actually are. Maybe the author will clear it up at a later chapter.
- The world seemed a bit generic since it’s just a typical medieval magic world with guilds and such. Nothing really sets it apart.
- Another thing I dislike is that characters seem to lack depth, they have somewhat of a dominating personality trait and nothing much else to it (as far as I can remember). Again, this issue may be resolved at a later chapter.
- If you enjoy “OP-MC transported to another world stories”, then you’ll most likely enjoy this one.
This is one of my most favorite story in RR and to see the original author suddenly give up on it makes me dissapointed. Thankfully, you continue it, I hope you can keep updating it till the end of time xD. Thank You Eisblume
(Sorry for my bad english)
Please make more! I really liked the first one. It took me a while to like this one because it doesnt have the adventurers in it, but I think its going ok. Want more either way.
I just found this and all I have to is that I am SO HAPPY .
Thank u so much for continueing this series, and i wish u the best>
Personally, I think both series developed wrong and can't move beyond a certain point.
Most actions have no reason, the mc is too soft and various other things.
In my opinion if this was planned better it could of been grade A- work
Not going to go into detail, but it's good enough to make me write my only review so far. Author knows how to world build and character build well, acceptable grammar, great plot.
The original was ok, the story hook was good but it just didnt have that feel.
The original was a bit cringeworthy in some chapers. Not saying that it was bad, but this just works better for me.
If you ever read the original and just didnt feel it, give this one a try
although the first 10 chapter is like the old one a bit (except the grammar and the flow,..)but the main point is after chapter 10 this new author have made a different way compare to old author (spoiler for new reader):
like he decided to put less importance on the side plot dealing with the 'Hywel Knights' and the Dragon King and wanted to focus more on Yda and Irina's development as characters,so this novel will have better flow and make more sense than the old one
I love an OP Mc with an attitude like mordred I just hope that he can find love in this other world or even better make a harem.