This section was dedicated for April Fool's Day:
Usually, Beta-test features are available for premium users only. However, the recommended for you option is now visible for all logged-in users. We successfully collected enough feedback and interaction with the recommended stories that we are already on the 3rd version of the recommender, with frequent updates on the backend.
With the success of a public beta test, we decided to launch the next beta test publicly as well. To better help us moderate the community, all logged-in users will now be able to permanently block any user with a lower level than theirs from rating, reviewing, or commenting on any fiction.
To take this a step further, users can permanently ban any user from the website as long as that user has a lower level and reputation than them. We feel that this creates a fair environment where everyone can safely express themselves while empowering the community to moderate itself.
We have high hopes for this feature.
To access it, head to your account settings and click the [Enforce] tab.
If you filled the April Fool's form with a troll name and can prove it - we will give you an achievement. But, please open a support ticket.
Now that April Fool's is over, please give your attention to the main event - The Writathon~!
The Writathon is back!
Due to popular demand, we will host this challenge twice a year, on every April 1st, and October 31st.
Royal Writathon is Royal Road’s writing challenge to our users. To win, you need to write at least 55,555 words in 5 weeks.
You can only participate with an Original novel.
It can be a new story, or you can continue an old one. But the 55,555 words have to be over one story.
Write at least 25,000 words by April 15th to qualify for the announced participants' list.
The list will be announced to everyone, and it will show the fictions that are seriously participating in this challenge to make it easier for readers to find those stories.
Finish writing 55,555 words before the end of May 5th, 2021.
If you complete this milestone by the deadline, you will count as a winner of this challenge (even if you didn’t make it in time for the first Milestone)!
All winners will receive a 1-month author premium (can be used or gifted per request).
All winners will receive an Achievement!
For the duration of the contest, the story can’t include sexual content.
The story can’t be a Fanfiction.
The challenge follows the IDLW timezone. As long as the date is still May 5th somewhere around the world, the challenge will continue.
Add [participant in the Royal Road Writathon challenge] in the description of your story.
And register by filling this form after you submit your story:
How to submit your fiction:
If this is your first fictional story submission, you can follow these steps:
- Register for an account on Royal Road if you have not already. This can be easily done here.
- Click Write on the navigation bar, which will take you to The Author Dashboard.
- Click [Add New]
- Fill in the Title and Description. Select the genres and additional tags. Fill in your first chapter's title and the content of your first chapter.
- Upload a cover image that is 400x600 pixels or larger (this is optional).
- Click Submit.
- All new submissions are manually checked for appropriate tagging and plagiarism, so expect it to take between 12-24 hours for a submission to be approved. Please be patient.
- Note: Please do not include links in your description.
- Note: If you do not select fanfiction for stories based on others' work or do not choose the content Warnings appropriate for your story, the submission will be rejected.
- Once your fiction has been approved, you can find it by going to The Author Dashboard, found in your username dropdown menu “My Fictions” (top right corner), or by clicking on [Write] in the site header.
- Add additional chapters by clicking [Add New Chapter].
Good luck fantastic authors,
May we all succeed the quest to be the best!