With February starting, we have some news to share!
First off, our premium border for this month - the month of lovers features a lovely heart-shaped border that you can unlock by having a Premium subscription any time during February!
Our reputation system was unbalanced. With a rather steep slope; levels beyond 40 got exponentially harder, and level 50 was pretty much impossible without abusing the system.
During January, we updated the reputation system to not allow repeat +rep from the same user on the same post in order to somewhat reduce the snowballing effect.
This month, we will delete all of the duplicate reputation received this way and reduce the requirement for later levels in order to avoid having an untenable system.
This change also means that Zethuron is officially the first to reach Level 30 and the first to reach Reputation Level 50 - a truly outstanding achievement!
Some other bug fixes released in January include:
- Fixed a bug with Author Premium chapter imports where quotes were always followed by a space regardless of the actual source material
- Fixed a bug with Author Premium chapter imports where the imported chapter wasn’t sanitized properly, causing black text to be imported as black rather than uncolored
- The author’s username on the chapter page is now split if it’s too long on mobile
- Locked chapters now no longer show “No one has commented yet, be the first” - after all, you cannot do it :)
- The author advertising dashboard now only shows 2 decimals instead of 3
- 300x250 author ads on mobile now scale smaller if the phone’s screen is too small to display their full size
- Author Premium ePub export now correctly includes custom separators
- Fictions can now be marked as a Stub to indicate that the majority of their content has been removed. Additionally, you can now exclude them via the advanced search page. Further options might be added in the future.
- You can now completely exclude fictions you already follow/favorited via the advanced search page
- Fixed the weekly fiction update summaries not being rendered properly
- Review updates no longer send a notification to the author every time the Reviewer updates their Review
- The Continue Reading button keeps working even if the last read chapter has been deleted, instead directing you to the previous chapter; however, this may still result in strange behaviour if the deleted chapter has been moved by the author
- The Advanced Search page’s Pages slider now uses logarithmic scale, as the first ~1000 pages are much more frequently used than the 20,000 page limit.
- The override checkbox on the chapter page now also overrides font size
- Browser prefetches should no longer mess with the light/dark theme switcher
New Advertisement campaign
Starting February, we are running an A/B test between two different ad networks to see which one provides the better ad quality and income.
For this short period, European users will have 2 consent management systems regarding their privacy - each one representing a different company. If you noticed that something was off with any of the ads, please print screen the ad and open a support ticket about it. https://www.royalroad.com/support
If you noticed any bugs, or if you have any suggestions that you would like us to work on, you can use our feedback portal: https://feedback.royalroad.com
We are glad that you are with us, and we will continue to improve and be the best place for authors and readers.